The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
You Can Benefit from Custom Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry treatment for people looking to improve the appearance of their teeth. With veneers, patients can experience various favorable benefits that other dental treatments can’t provide.
Our cosmetic dentist in Ashland walks you through the top ten benefits of porcelain veneers, so you can make an informed decision when it comes to achieving your dream smile.
The Top Ten Porcelain Veneer Benefits
Porcelain veneers mimic the natural translucency and sheen of natural teeth, making them virtually indistinguishable from the existing teeth. Each veneer is designed to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your teeth, providing a natural-looking smile. No one will even know you have veneers!
Porcelain veneers are an excellent choice for those who struggle with teeth discoloration. They can resist permanent stains from coffee, tea, and other substances that can discolor natural teeth. With proper care, your veneers can remain bright and white for years.
Veneers are highly customizable, allowing you to choose the shape, size, and color that best suits your needs and gives you your perfect smile. Our Ashland dentist will work with you to create a customized plan that addresses your unique dental concerns and goals. They’ll be sure to help your smile dreams become reality.
Porcelain veneers are strong and durable. With proper care, they can last for many years. They’re resistant to chipping and cracking, making them an excellent long-term investment.
Easy to Maintain
Veneers require minimal maintenance and are easy to care for. Regular brushing and flossing, along with regular dental checkups, can help ensure the longevity of your veneers.
Porcelain veneers can be used to address a variety of dental issues and concerns, including:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Reshape teeth
Minimal Tooth Reduction
Porcelain veneers require minimal enamel removal, meaning that the natural structure of your teeth remains largely intact. This makes them conservative and a minimally invasive cosmetic dental option.
Porcelain veneers are a non-invasive cosmetic dental option, meaning that they don’t require surgery or extensive dental work. The veneer procedure takes only a few visits to the dentist and isn’t a painful experience.
Porcelain veneers can help improve your confidence by giving you a brighter, more beautiful smile. They can help you feel more confident in social and professional situations, improving your overall quality of life.
Porcelain veneers can provide fast and dramatic results. With proper planning and preparation, your dentist can often complete the entire procedure in just a few weeks, providing you with a beautiful new smile in a relatively short amount of time.
Porcelain Veneer Risks
Like any other treatment, there are potential risks, including:
- Irreversible Procedure: To prepare your teeth for veneers, a dentist must remove a small amount of tooth enamel. This process is irreversible.
- Sensitivity: Some may experience increased sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures after getting veneers, due to the removal of some tooth enamel. This is usually temporary but can be quite uncomfortable for some patients.
- Damage or Detachment: While porcelain veneers are durable, they can still be damaged by chewing hard foods, biting nails, or grinding teeth. Although it’s not common, veneers can sometimes detach and will need to be re-bonded or replaced.
- Color Match and Irreversible Color: If only a few teeth are being treated with veneers, it can be challenging to match the color perfectly to the surrounding natural teeth. Also, the color of the veneers can’t be altered once in place, so if you wish to whiten your teeth, you need to do so before the veneers are applied.
- No Decay Immunity: Veneers can protect against stains but don’t provide immunity against tooth decay.
- Potential for Non-Ideal Fit: There’s always a slight chance that the veneers may not fit perfectly. They might feel uncomfortable, alter your bite, or cause speech issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are porcelain veneers a good idea?
Porcelain veneers can be a good idea depending on your smile goals. They offer many benefits including improving your smile’s appearance, correcting smile imperfections, and are long-lasting. However, it’s an irreversible procedure that can become quite costly.
Do porcelain veneers crack easily?
No, most porcelain veneers are durable and don’t crack easily. Even though veneers are strong, however, they can break or crack if they experience trauma. Porcelain veneers can be chipped like a regular tooth if enough force is applied.
Do porcelain veneers change your smile?
Yes, porcelain veneers can conceal various dental imperfections, such as chips, cracks, and minor misalignment. They can improve your smile’s appearance and make you feel more confident.
Discover the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers Firsthand
Are you ready to transform your smile with the help of custom porcelain veneers? Contact our cosmetic dentists in Ashland today to schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation by calling (541) 482-7771. Our Ashland dental team can’t wait to meet you and help you achieve all of your smile goals.